Here’s a tasty and healthy recipe that’s a quick yummy dinner! The tangy-ness of the arugula is the perfect combo with the caramelized onions, garlic, balsamic vinegar and skirt steak! The tomatoes add a great sweetness. Here’s what you’ll need:
1 cups cherry tomatoes
1 tbspn balsamic vinegar
2 cups arugula
2 strips of skirt steak (flank steak also works)
1/2 tbspn olive oil
2 garlic cloves (minced)
salt & pepper to taste
half an onion (chopped)
Assuming you have all the ingredients above, there’s no prep for this one!
1. Heat oil in skillet. Season your steaks with salt and pepper.
2. Once the oil is hot (but not burning!) add the steaks to the skillet. Cook steak 3-4 minutes per side or until caramelized.
3. Once the steak is done on both sides, remove from heat and let rest on a paper towel.
4. Leave steak drippings in the skillet. Lower heat on the skillet and add onions, tomatoes and garlic.
5. Once garlic and onions are browned, add balsamic vinegar. Cook until the tomatoes are tender- you’ll know because the tomato skin will split apart. Add salt/pepper to taste.
6. Place arugula on plate(s) and top with balsamic/tomatoe/garlic mixture from the skillet.
7. Top salad with sliced up steak and serve.
Not much in the way of modifications here because it’s super simple. This is a perfect post-work dinner recipe during the week. Total cooking time was only 15mins! If you need some carbs try this with some whole wheat cous cous or garlic bread (recipes coming soon!)
Happy clean eating!