I was pleasantly surprised by how easy and delicious this was!! If you’re looking for a delicious lunch/brunch salad that’s packed with healthy goodies, look no further! The avocado has great “good fats” (like the ones found in nuts discussed here) and the bacon (in small quantities!) adds a great flavor. And of course, spinach is packed with iron!
Here’s what you’ll need:
1-2 cups of baby spinach
1/2 avocado (diced)
1/2 plum tomato (diced)
1/4 red onion (chopped)
1 garlic clove (minced)
1 strip bacon (chopped into 1 inch pieces)
2 tspns olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1. Chop up your onion and mince your garlic.
2. Get your cold components on your plate: place your baby spinach on your plate, add avocado and add tomato as well. Set plate aside.
1. Heat your skillet on medium-high heat. Toss in your chopped bacon to cook.
2. Once your bacon is brown and crispy, remove bacon pieces from heat and place on a paper towel.
3. Lower the pan to medium-low heat. Add 1 tspn of olive oil to the pan (leave in any oils from the bacon if you wish).
4. Toss in your chopped onion and garlic. Sautee until brown.
5. Top your salad with the sauteed onion and garlic.
6. Add juice from lime, 1 tspn of olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss all ingredients together and serve.
No tips/modifications here! Simple, refreshing and an easy meal! Great with a few slices of pita and a scoop of hummus if you’re looking for some carbs!
Happy clean eating!
(See another recipe!)