1 loaf of panettone bread (click here to see the brand I used)
3 whole eggs
3 egg yolks
3/4 cups of brown sugar (or coconut crystal sugar alternative)
2 cups half-and-half
1/4 cups of rum (optional, but hey, it’s the holiday season! 😉 )
1 tspn vanilla extract
1/4 tspn nutmeg
Vegetable cooking spray
1 large sheet pan
1 muffin pan
1. Preheat your oven to 475F degrees.
2. Cut off the edges of the bread and then cut the bread up into cubes. Place in a large bowl. It should look like this:
2. In another bowl, mix together all the other ingredients- the eggs, yolks, sugar, half & half, rum, vanilla extract and nutmeg. Then pour this mixture over your cubed bread.
4. Now you’re going to create your hot water bath for the bread pudding to bake in. This is the secret to keeping the pudding moist! Boil a pot of water & once it comes to a boil, pour the water into your deep baking pan. Should look something like this:
5. Spray your muffin pan with your vegetable cooking spray. The ladle your bread mixture into the muffin pan.
6. Place the muffin tray into the large baking pan so that each muffin tray is sitting in the boiling water.
1. Place your bread pudding into your oven and bake at 475F degrees for 20-25minutes.
3. Serve with vanilla ice cream if so desired!!