3 Ways to Get Your Body Ready for Summer NOW! (“Summer Starts Now” Series)

Fun in the Sun

Throw up your hands in joy! Warm weather is just around the corner!!!

I know that we’re in March, but summer is actually JUST around the corner. Yes, that’s right, I said summer!  So if you’ve fallen behind on your New Year’s fitness Resolutions, here are 3 tips on how to get beach-ready by June right now:

1. Put down that chicken wing!
I get it- it’s cold outside so you want to feel all warm on the inside! 😉 Winter over-eating is one of the toughest habits to break because cold weather makes us crave something hot and hearty. But now is the best time to start watching your portions & dialing back on the heavier stews/soups in favor of lighter fare, like salads, lean protein & mixed veggies. Gradually leaning out your diet now is the best way to avoid crash dieting in June! Check out some of my lighter recipes here, here and here!

2. Commit to a clear fitness plan.
I know that it sounds like you still have a ton of time to fit into that bikini or those short-shorts, but believe me, time is short! Any significant fitness results take at least 4-6weeks to kick in (and that’s if you’re eating super clean)! So now is the perfect time to commit to a clear workout routine. I personally like fitness plans that have a set time horizon -think Insanity (60 days), Insanity Asylum Pt. 1 (30 days) or Jaime Eason’s LiveFit (90 days)- but even a renewed commitment to hitting the gym 3-5 times a week is a good start. Be sure to set clear goals for yourself and milestones along the way!

3. Plan a summer-time celebratory goal.
Buy some tickets to a beachy location with your partner or pals! Setting a specific date for fun in the sun is another great way to keep you motivated & you can more easily visualize looking and feeling great about yourself when that day arrives! And I already have lots of tips available for staying fit while on vacation, so those can help you once you get there. 😉

Need a little bit more help getting ready for summer? Don’t worry, I’ve got some more “Summer Starts Now” posts on the way! 😉 -CFC

**Are you starting to get your body more fit in time for summer weather?**

Read another “Summer Starts Now” post here!

Advertisements

About ChicFitChef

My "deserted island" checklist: a BCBG dress, a healthy & diabetic-friendly meal and a few workout DVDs. ;-)
This entry was posted in Food & Fit Tips, Workout Tips and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to 3 Ways to Get Your Body Ready for Summer NOW! (“Summer Starts Now” Series)

1. Lauren says:

Heh, if you are in Austin, summer is basically here. Aren’t you in Texas, too?

• ChicFitChef says:

Hi Lauren! Nope, I’m in NYC & we just got snow here yesterday! 😮 What’s the temp like in Austin? What are you doing to get ready for summer?!

• Lauren says:

I am a little bit jealous, as it was like 91 here yesterday!

I haven’t started my clean eating regime (rice and pasta are super cheap) but when my finances clear up, my diet can get a little better (lies.. I eat fast food, hah!) But truthfully, when your life is stressful, the diet is the first thing to go to crap, so I have been really not focused on it, and ironically if you eat better you are better equipped to handle stress! It is quite a circular conundrum, but one where you just need to break the cycle of bad food and stress and renew your existence with healthy living and bliss. Easier said, though!

2. jfgemini says:

Making a non-negotiable goal is definitely required ! Nice tidbits.

3. Pingback: Link Time: Inspiration from the Interwebs | pass the dressing

4. Zenith says:

Love this post and your suggestions! This is going to sound a bit strange, but the way I stay in shape (or try to) year around is that I sign up for 2 marathons a year. One takes place in the early part of the year and the other takes place in Sept/Oct. If I want to avoid having to to haul extra pounds for all those miles, I have to be mindful of my body fat and lean body mass content. Now, I am not saying that folks should run our and sing up for a marathon, but my point is that I totally agree with setting a non-negotiable fitness goal. This goal, if paid for in advance (many events require paying a fee), may ‘encourage’ more consistency in ‘training’. Lol! Thanks for the reminder to put down the everlasting chicken wings! Thos things are my Achilles’ heel!

• ChicFitChef says:

Staying in shape all year round is of course ALWAYS the way to go Zenith!! And 2 marathons a year?!?! Kudos to you my friend! Here’s to non-negotiable fitness goals! -CFC

5. Pingback: 3 Things To Know About Your Abs! (CFC Summer Starts Now Series!) | ChicFitChef™

6. Pingback: Highlights of 2013 on ChicFitChef.com!! | ChicFitChef™