I mentioned that I would be posting a review of my experience with InsaniT25 (a hybrid of Insanity & T25) in my “Insanity Drop Outs” post a few weeks ago, so I didn’t want to leave you waiting! Check out my review, results & the hybrid calendar (created by none other than Shaun-T’s bestie, Tania aka “The Machine”)!
The one thing that I love about Insanity is that no equipment is required. It’s high-intensity cardio at its best; you’re running, jumping and pushing your heart rate to the max for 3minute intervals & then taking a break. But now that I’ve done T25, I’ve gotten used to 25minute workouts, so Insanity workouts seem never-ending (59minutes of cardio? Shoot me now!)!! Plus, T25 offers the benefits of weight training and strength work, which I also have grown to love from my experiences with Asylum & Jamie Eason’s LiveFit Trainer. So what was the solution? The InsaniT25 hybrid, that’s what!!!
The InsaniT25 Hybrid is a month-long workout program that works in the best of Insanity cardio with the best of T25 (Alpha & Beta cycle work). I can’t take credit for the structure of the calendar, Tania (my Beachbody coach), created the calendar from her work on both programs (learn from the best!). I joined her experimental Challenge Group to see what my results would be like before sharing this with you!! Here’s the calendar of workouts, my results and my overall review:
INSANIT25 Workout Calendar :
My Overall Review:
1. You Get The Best of Both Worlds. The great thing about this hybrid was that it squeezed out the best of both programs and put them into one workout plan for me! The schedule alternates between Insanity for high intensity cardio work and T25 for strength, which is a great match! You also start and end with the Insanity Fit Test, so you can measure your progress from doing both workouts.
2. The Alternating Gives Your Body a Break. It was nice to know that I had a T25 workout after doing a crazy Insanity workout like Pure Cardio or Plyometric Cardio. There’s a lot of jumping in Insanity & T25 is much lower-impact. So I was able to use my T25 days as a day to really focus on giving my joints a break (I could modify with Tania if I needed to!), which was really great!
3. Getting Your Money’s Worth! I haven’t opened my Insanity DVD set in years!!! Every once in awhile I’d do an Insanity DVD to shock my system, but the thought of re-committing to those 60 Days seemed exhausting! This hybrid offers just enough of the challenges of Insanity to make me feel like I’m still getting the bang for my buck after buying it so long ago! Plus, I get to use T25, a newer Beachbody program that I’ve come to love (for obvious reasons). It’s a win-win!
1. “Max” Level Insanity Never Gets Easy. Silly me, I thought that Insanity Max Interval Circuit and Max Interval Plyo would be easier this time around. But I was wrong. SO wrong. They are still HARD! The “Max” Insanity workouts are from Month 2 of the Insanity Program and they are no game. I cringed when I saw them on the calendar! I hadn’t done these workouts since 2010, so I think my life may have flashed before my eyes when I did them!!! lol So if you do this hybrid, BE PREPARED!
2. More Stretching May Be Needed. This may have just been me, but I felt like this hybrid really increased my need for stretching. I have notoriously tight hip flexors and going from Insanity jumping lunges to weights T25 squats, really killed me!! I definitely feel like I sometimes needed the Insanity level stretch (which is about 5mins) on days when I was doing just T25. So be aware of your body and take an additional stretch if needed.
3. Potentially Too Short (Depending on Your Fitness Level). While I love the fact that this calendar is just one month long, I do think that you may need two rounds of this to see greater results. Especially if you are fit enough to have conquered Insanity AND T25, you may find that one month of the hybrid might not give you the drastic results you’re hoping for. All the more reason to do a round 2 (maybe I’ll do a group in
March April so that we can do it together?) 😉
My Results (start/finish):
Weight: 127 / 124
Waist: 28 / 27
Chest: 34 / 33.5
Right & Left triceps: 11/11
Right & Left upper thighs: 22.5 / 22
Hips: 37.5 / 36 (woot woot!)
Butt: 39 / 37
So you tell me, would you try the InsaniT25 Hybrid? Comment to this post if you think you’d be interested in giving it a try! 😉 -CFC
UPDATE!! I am running an InsaniT25 hybrid group to support people through this hybrid! The group will start on May 14, 2014 and end on June 11, 2014. If you are interested click here.